Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Barn's First Project: Little Miss A's Room


Well here it is!  Our first project!!! It is still not all the way finished, but enough that I thought I better Post it. 

Little Miss A's Room! 

I didn't take a before picture, but the room had green walls! We wanted to do molding (because I am obsessed with molding) and I wanted to do a feminine take on neutrals.

Here is my dad helping us with the molding!  He was so awesome to help.  Oh and Mr. E got his hammer out too to help Grandpa.  Thanks Grandma for having your camera there.
Since we were doing white, my dad suggested using MDF to save money.  We caulked it, and  we are really pleased with how it turned out!  


 Now this room not only had the molding and painting as the project, there were lots of little projects along the way:

THE PUFF QUILT


Don't look to closely!  This was my first quilt, and I learned ALOT.  Blood, sweat and tears went into this blanket, and though it's not anywhere near perfect, I LOVE the colors.

THE MOBILE

                   
I LOVE how this turned out!  Styro foam balls, fake roses, fake moss, a wreath, ribbon, and a hot glue gun can do great things!  Thank you Hobby Lobby!

Now to add a lovely corner cabinet built by our cousin Doug,

              
A Beautiful Wall saying,

And TADA:





We love it, and probably more because we worked really hard on it!

7 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love how calm and classy the colors are. It turned out great! Kudos to you for your first quilt. (I hope it's the first of many :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i LOOOOOOOOVE the mobile!!! I have a ? for you... on the molding, inbetween the strips of molding, is it just the textured wall or did you cover that with wood too? I have been playing with this idea for my living room for like, oh, over a year now, but didn't know if it would look funny to have the textured wall between or if it would need to be covered, cause that def. makes it more pricey to do! ;-) email me and let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just left the wall and am REALLY pleased with how it worked, and how it looks. The price was AMAZING!!! Do it you won't regret it! ;)

      Delete
    2. For a living room, you may want to put the strips closer together so less wall shows through! We are going to be doing that down stairs.

      Delete
    3. thank you for the tips! I am so excited to do this...now i just have to round up the moolah and some time! I know it won't cost too much, but it's the time i am worried about!!! Coleman is doing soccer AND baseball right now and dalton is doing baseball and then i teach 11 students, etc etc. So, wish me luck. I will post pics when it actually gets done!

      Delete
  3. of if you don't have my email, then post on my blog and i will get back to you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete