Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Busy at the Barn!!!!

Holy Barn Animals!!!  We have been literally running around like chickens with our heads cut off for the past couple of months.  The Lord of the Barn and I were asked to help with a big youth cultural event for our church, and it has been EXTREMELY busy.  I do have to say, however, it has been very rewarding as well.  I truly have seen many tiny miracles along the way.  Our Father in Heaven truly is a God of miracles. To learn more click here.

So much has happened, and I can't wait to share.  First of all, I LOVE the fall! I love watching the season change and the leaves turn all different colors.  I love soup, and I lOVE PUMPKIN!!!! We are having a great time here at the barn this fall.  Mr.  E is totally obsessed with Halloween right now, and everything SPOOKY.  He loves ghosts and is now loving Casper the friendly Ghost cartoons, which is a fun flash back to my own childhood.  I can't wait to post pictures of his Halloween costume because it is AWESOME!!!

Well We have been doing a lot of hiking at the end of this summer.  We hiked to a lot of waterfalls, and had a wonderful time doing it.  We have been doing a lot of picture taking too....

Battle Creek Falls




Donut Falls- This one is supposed to have a waterfall through a hole in a rock.  When we got to the falls it was blocked by this rock slide.  BUMMER!!!


Stewart Falls- This one was our favorite, and the hardest hike we did this summer.  Very fun!

 Here is me and Little Miss A. We hiked together on all the hikes.
 Mr. E and the Lord of the Barn!!!!

 This was such a beautiful trail!
Ethan's favorite game on all the hikes was following the leader.  He always had to have a stick over his shoulder, as he sang the song of the lost boys from Peter Pan. It was so fun, but became a little bit of a problem when he would see people coming, point his stick at them, and yell "Indians".  That is how the song ends in Peter Pan, and it was very hard to explain to his two year old mind that we shouldn't yell that at people.  Gotta love it! Finally after what seemed like an eternity of hiking up hill with the extra 20 lbs of butterball on my back we saw it...
 We walked down to get closer and it was worth the walk!








We truly fell in love with hiking again, and can't wait to do more next summer!

I have done each of my sisters family pics and here are some that I LOVE....

 Oh and one more thing to all you out there...


From the Barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment