Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Milestones and Superheros

Milestone: a significant event in life, history.


I think life is full of Milestones, and we have had some small ones at the barn...


Little Miss A got her first tooth, and the second follow quickly after.  



She is so cute with her toothy smile, and it reminded me that, though small, this is significant to her and me.  

These are things that build up memories and bonds that last forever.  These are our milestones.  I sure love this little girl.





Superhero: various comic-strip characters with superhuman abilities or magical powers, wearing a distinctive costume, and fighting against evil.


A new superhero is emerging at our house this week...
He has the stamina of 20 adults,









and can run faster than a speeding bullet.




He already has the ability to make you laugh even when you feel angry, the power to melt your heart when it wants to be cold...




and he wears a VERY distinctive costume!








Right now he is beginning to learn how to fight against the evils of making bad choices; he is fighting very hard and wins almost every time. 


Since the name "Super Y" is too close to "Super Why", and Superman, Spiderman, and Wolverine are taken,  I think he will just have to be known as "My Superhero."





Oh and I should mention he is learning how to be a superhero from his superhero, and that makes it all the more special.

Yes, though no one in the world knows it, our Brick Barn is the place of many milestones and superheros in training.












4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I LOVE this! All of it. How dare Miss A get a tooth without me...let alone TWO!!! I love that little round face so much. And Mr. E. What can we say about that little man? What darlings. I adore them so much and I'm so grateful for this blog so I can keep caught up on the family! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! It looks like a lot of fun at your house er barn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. getting out of bed knowing that I can make it another day is an accomplishment for me. also remembering "the plan" that I signed up for in the "beginning" is on the correct path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aint that the Truth Jenny?! Making it through any day is a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete